Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Silly Old Soul

My first response whenever I hear the word soul is to say, "define soul." I may just mutter it under my breath, rather than burst somebody's bubble, or piss on somebody's parade, but it's an honest inquiry. Define soul. Needless to say, I don't believe in the soul, although if I was to try and define what I feel is the perceived idea of the soul, I would put it this way: An amalgamation of personality traits and memories that seem to compose the essence of a human being. There is no central scrutinizer, or homunculus taking the wheel. Merely an ever-shifting coagulation of aspects that convince others that you are consistently who you portray yourself to be.

****
I don't think I'll be able to emotionally handle this upcoming election fiasco. The leader on the republican side is multi-millionaire, and all-around asshole, Donald Trump. The republican presidential candidates look like a line-up of washed-up car salesman...oh, and one tired old tart. These candidates look right into the camera and spew lie after lie. Fact checkers point out the lies the next day, and it does not matter one iota to the ignorant masses, who believe all their problems can be solved by shipping immigrants back.

The obvious candidate, who is best for our country and will do his best for the working poor is Bernie Sanders. We don't need another Bush or Clinton coronation. Ben Carson might be able to perform delicate surgery, but when it comes to the U.S. government he's apparently a dimwit. And Carly Fiorina? Please! Didn't we dismiss her and her Stepford ways back with Mitt Romney and his car elevator? Honestly, I'm always amazed that working folks, who have a hard time making ends meet, would ever consider voting for one of these shysters. But I'm related to some of those folks.

****
Yesterday we had that smug piece of shit Martin Shkreli, founder and chief executive of Turing Pharmaceuticals, all over social media. His company bought the rights to the medicine Daraprim and immediately raised the price from $13.50 a pill to $750 per pill. Per pill! His ilk fill me with ire and the urge to be violent. Just take a gander at his recent tweets if you think I'm overestimating what a complete and utter rectum he is; and worse, scan to the bottom to read the comments of the pricks praising this Wanker of Wall Street.
 
If souls exist, what condition do you think the souls of people like Trump and Shkreli are in? Do you think their souls are black and tarry and that greedy sods like them will end up in hell? I'll let you in on something: Hell has already been copyrighted and sold to the masses. Sometimes it looks like a fast food franchise, but at other times hell wears the cloak of the self-righteous, and meets in churches and other places of worship. 

I've seen the usual lost pet posters on neighborhood telephone poles, but I've been thinking of putting up my own poster. "Lost Soul -- Grey and Amorphous. Answers to Pookie" I can advise folks to coax the soul into a bucket of cold water by tempting it with false promises and empty hopes. Works every time.
James Brown -- Godfather of All Things Soulish

No comments: