Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Potpourri for Fifty, Please Alex

Summer is over, but I'm not sure that the heat is going to let up any time soon. Over the last few days, we've been experiencing the winds of change. They earn that title when they take out the father of a three year old, knocking over a tree and crushing him in his car. A desert wind is coming, and it will scour this land clean. Mark my words.

Until then, we will continue to amuse ourselves to death. We are all Nero, fiddling about while the skies burn. Chicken Little was right, but we never listened. The boy, who cried wolf was actually the wolf in disguise, scheming to eat all of us sheep, while we were distracted by his tales of magic and wonder. So, we shall cross to the other side of the road, and hope that the grass is greener over there.

Everything is just a diversion until we draw our last breath. So much importance is given to people and objects that hold no meaning or value at all. We all seem to be searching for some hidden meaning in this life of ours, but we should just keep our minds on foraging for food, and keeping our eye out for predators, instead of complaining that our Direct TV froze for entire ten minutes during the windstorm.


It's another Tuesday. Another blog post. You can probably tell from the paragraphs above, that I am struggling to put out some type of creatively satisfying blog post this morning. My wife suffered a minor concussion a couple of weeks back. Her son had a blood clot in his lung last week that is troubling. My boss had intestinal surgery -- again. And it's cloudy out.

Mind you, I am not complaining about the cloud cover or the rain. We tend to forget that there are fires just over the mountains to the east, so rain is a welcome resource. Sometimes the sunshine is just an insult. I wake up every day and quickly assemble my personality, hoping that it's one that will be suitable for my work in retail. I usually walk to work, letting my mind drift. I do have a lust for life, but most of the time I'm just consumed by plain old naughty lust. 

When I'm not nailed down to the present moment, I tend to worry about things such as my son's schooling and my debts, which have taken on the form of an Everlasting Gobstopper. Our bankruptcy hearing is next week, and then we leave for the Caribbean a few days after that. In our dreams! The Caribbean is nice and all, but these days our getaways are limited to staying in a trailer on the outskirts of Port Townsend. Any more serious trips will have to be forays of the mind. 

* * * *
I’m so glad we had this time together, just to have a laugh, and smoke a bong. Seems we just got started and before you know it comes the time we have to say, ‘So long.’ 

Now I need to assemble a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and then ease on down, ease on down the road.

No comments: