Tuesday, October 7, 2014

This is My Path

It was a week ago Monday when I returned from my sojourn. I am trying to keep in mind the tidbits of Zen I ingested during that camping trip. The main idea is this life is my path. Not some other life, but this life with it's crappy paying job, and debt collectors knocking at my door. The key is not to wake up each day with the expectation that everything should turn out a certain way. When our expectations are not met, then we (I) tend to get moody and upset. It's much better to realize that each day is a new start with infinite possibilities.

I am not drowning in my depression, but rather I'm trying to see my path more clearly. I am certainly one, who has developed certain expectations in life, and I'm often disappointed in the position I find myself in when those expectations are not met. I need to wake up with a clear head, uncluttered by ugly memories of past wrongs, or stresses from the events in life that I have no control over.

That being said, I need to make camping a part of my regular schedule, in order to feed my spirituality. (I guess I prefer the word spirituality over soul, because the soul is nonexistent, while spirituality can cover a number of states of mind.)

It's just about time to put together a trusty PB&J sandwich. I am missing my Cool Ranch chips, which are the perfect side for the PB&J, but I have some type of cheesy crackers that will be a poor man's substitute. After that it's work, work, work, shelve, shelve, shelve. Oh, that's right! I had forgotten that there is an author event tonight. That is my path today....

No comments: