Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Melancholia

I'm really not that melancholy, but it seemed to fit the title. I took a sick day on Friday, and after having three truly relaxing days off, it's just a little bit of a letdown to be heading back into work this morning. I'll most likely have plenty of books to shelve this morning. Payday is Friday, so there is that goal to shoot for. Other than that, my son is back on Thursday evening, so the usual stuff with Justin will be happening this weekend.

As I said, I had a nice relaxing weekend. I got about midway into The Sheltering Sky and I'm really enjoying it. I spent plenty of time on my deck, listening to music and stargazing (of course.) The weather turned this weekend. After a couple of sweltering weeks, the weather returned to grey chilly rain. It immediately put me in the mood to be in the woods. I'm not a fan of summer camping. Too many bugs and people, and when you think about it, they are basically the same thing: pests.

I'm starting to entertain the idea of taking a solo camping trip at the end of September. I haven't done that in years, and it would be a nice quiet break. Still lots of thinking to put into it, but a couple of days in the woods sounds very relaxing.

Time to prep for work.

No comments: