Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Grey Sky Day

It's Tuesday, which means that I got to sleep in this morning. The flip-side of that is that I go into work at 2 pm and leave at 10 pm. I have about an hour left, before I have to start walking to work. That's if I want to give myself enough time to eat some lunch at Vios. If I had a Coke and some Cool Ranch chips in the house, I'd make myself some lunch and not have to leave until 1:30 pm, but the cupboards are pretty bare as we are only days from payday.

This Friday is not only payday, but it's also Friday the 13th in honor of the movie of the same name. I also have this day scheduled off as a vacation day. The reason for the vacation day is that we're scheduled to go camping on Camino Island for two nights. "We" as in the entire family. I don't have a very good track record when it comes to family events. I'm trying to psychologically prepare myself. There is a lot of stress to fend off. The way my wife has been feeling, I know it would serve us best to stay home and enjoy a peaceful house for a few days, but that's not an option. For one thing, I'm sure they are expecting my honey to do the majority of the cooking for the campers.

I've started a novel that I'm really enjoying. It's titled All the Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld. It's very well written and compelling. All I want to do is stay home on this grey sky day and finish the novel with the occasional toke breaks on the deck.

I don't seem to have the stamina to work long enough to earn an entire week off. I'm always so desperate for a break that I'm always taking time off as soon as I earn it. I only have enough time at the moment to take this Friday off. I was also trying to make the following weekend into a three day weekend, since I am voluntarily working the sale on Saturday, but if you don't have the time you can't afford to whine...when you cannot have the day off, even without pay. Now, if I wanted to trade shifts with someone, I could get that day off, but then it's not really a day off at all. It's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Here's to Tuesday as a precursor to Friday, payday and the weekend.

No comments: