Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring vs Fall

Last week I was convinced that spring had sprung. I was walking home from work on Friday and I could smell the trees in bloom before I even looked up to take in their pink and white beauty. I could tell something different was in the air, because robins were happily hopping about, setting up picnics. This spring atmosphere gets my blood pumping in overdrive and makes me want to do things like take the day out of work and sit outside all day, soaking up the sun's afterglow.

Today it feels as if fall is back and is pissed off, because he wasn't through with the cold wind and rain yet. Just when you think you've found cover the wind changes direction and finds it's way under your hood. Ah Seattle.

So. Work. I need to get out of the house and start my jaunt in about 20 minutes. The sun is not shining today, but I can tell it's up there somewhere. If it wasn't there would be no I to take in anything. But I digress. It's a typical overcast day here in the Emerald City. I was dismayed to read about the helicopter crash at the Space Needle. I guess the chopper was flying under the KOMO 4 banner, but the two killed were "not employees." Is KOMO already trying to cover their ass? Isn't everybody?

I have about thirty pages left to read in Mr. Peanut, the novel I'm currently reading. The book is a dark and intense look at marriage and quite impressive for a first novel. I've been enjoying it, but -- as always -- I'm ready to get to the next book. As with most book lovers, my hunger for reading outweighs the actual time that I have to consume those multitude of books. I could stop buying books altogether and just going through the books in my office, still not have enough time to get through them all before I draw my last breath. Of course, my last breath could happen on my way to work this afternoon, and then it's a moot point anyway.

Well, off to work.

No comments: