Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Sick Day

What better time to take a sick day than right in the midst of the holiday retail season? Oh, and it's an overcast Monday. It's a day that was just begging to be utilized as a sick day. So I heeded the call. Here I sit on my bed, in my holey stay-at-home jeans, with Jeff Beck blasting through my headphones, and I actually have the time to write a blog post. In my real life, I consider myself an artist, visual and written. I have been sketching and writing for about as long as I can remember. With a full-time job, and being a parent (another full-time job) I barely find the time to post a line or two on Facebook once in a while.

Sometimes when I have the need for a sick day, it's because I am emotionally under the weather, but that's not so much the case today. I have been battling some blues lately, be they winter blues or just the get-me-the-Hell-out-of-retail holiday blues. Today is more of a I-deserve-a-longer-weekend kind of day off. Unfortunately, my honey had to go into work, but if she was here I wouldn't be taking the time to write a post. I'd probably be nestled up next to her warm body, and feeling all kinds of safe and secure wrapped in her love. Not a bad thing at all, but it's good to have time to write.

No comments: