Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Return Home

The title refers to my computer. I had been without it for about three weeks. Thankfully, I had splurged on a new Acer laptop recently, which saved me when I was without my desktop for three weeks. All of my music is in my desktop. In fact, that's where my problem started. My computer had a hard time starting one day, and then when it did, most of my music in iTunes was gone. Just gone. Thankfully, I was able to transfer my music from my iPod back into my PC, but because of a glitch I was without my original iPod, which contains all my hard rock, heavy metal and hip-hop music. It wasn't so bad being without those genres at first, but I found myself craving some Rush after a few days. Rush is still one of those bands that I hesitate to admit that I enjoy. Call it Geddy's contralto, or their admiration for Ayn Rand, but whatever it is, I don't advertise the fact that I enjoy listening to Rush. As weird as it sounds, I usually listen to Rush, or a similar band when I'm trying to go to sleep. Somehow the hard rock turns into a pleasant type of white noise, and makes sleep easier to slip into.

Today is Wednesday, which is still known as "hump day" to some. Today, it's known as the day before the legalization of marijuana here in Washington state. I was just saying to my wife last night, that our boss at work should let all the tokers (which is probably only me) take a break tomorrow at 4:20 to light up and celebrate legalization. It's not going to happen, but if I were king...

No comments: