Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Another Beautiful Fall Day

And I'm stuck at work with uninteresting co-workers. Work should serve as an escape when the lights are a little dimmer at home, but it doesn't work that way for me. Add to the work day the fact that I have to drive up to Lake Forest Park to listen to two sales reps from Random House tout all the mainstream books coming out this fall. Oh, there will be free advance copies...of lame books that they need to give away to get anyone to read.

Oh well. I've only been here just over an hour, which means that time is moving at a snail's pace. It doesn't help to complain either. I've learned that. It's better to keep one's mouth shut and stay in survival mode.

Soon the weekend will be here, along with payday, although this payday -- like most paydays -- most of the check is already slated to pay bills.

No comments: