Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Monday

The beginning of the work week. It is a gorgeous day outside. One of those late summer days when the sun is out, but there is a slight breeze. It was a joy to walk to work this morning. I didn't even have the urge to continue walking once I got to work. I've only been here just over an hour though, and I'm ready for my lunch break.

I finished reading Tony D'Souza's Mule last night, and I've already committed to reading John LeCarre's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy next. I happened to see the trailer for the upcoming film over the weekend, and I've been wanting to read more LeCarre anyways. "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" is touted as a classic of spy literature, and it may even be LeCarre's masterpiece.

I was already missing my son last night, and he only went back to his mother's at lunchtime on Sunday. He'll be arriving on Wednesday this week, and I'll have to get up early on Thursday to take him to school. He's such a joy to be around that it's like a light going out when he's not there.

No comments: