Thursday, September 22, 2011

Big Thursday

Tonight we had a big event at our little independent bookstore. The book was Where You Left Me by Jennifer Gardner Trulson, whose husband died in the Twin Towers on 9/11. In other words, it's one of those my-tragedy-is-greater-than-your-tragedy kind of books. It was a great turnout, filled with people who obviously have not been effected by the current downturn in the economy. They all had their plastic faces on and their size 2 dresses. It's crowds like tonight's that reaffirms my misanthropy.

On the plus side: tomorrow is both Friday and payday. I'll head into work for 9am, which will get me out by 5:30. Then it's Friday evening at home with the family. My son goes home on Saturday this week, so I'll be missing his joyful visage a day earlier than usual.

1 comment:

Espana said...

Like everyone else in this country, I watched in horror on 9/11 as the World Trade Towers fell. Like everyone else, I was devastated even though I knew none of the victims personally. Jennifer put a name and face to the story. There were so many heros that day; this is just one of them.