Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Thursday of Significance

Well, the main significant event that happens most Thursdays is that my son Justin comes over for his four day weekly stay. Last week we had him for ten days, which was a nice change. It's always good to have Justin around, because he's happy, good-natured and a good dancer! So, when I depart work at 7 pm this evening for my dinner break, I'll also be coming home to see my son for an hour. I guarantee you that that will be the highlight of my day.

I've had a couple of stressful days of late. I'm really craving an actual vacation. Not a long weekend here and there, or a week at my parents, visiting siblings and friends, who could never bring themselves to visit me on my turf. I could use a break from the ignorant masses. A little respite from the surrounding cacophony.

Certain elements of my personality always leave me with a feeling of loneliness at the end of the day. I'm head over heels in love with my significant other, and I've never met anyone like her, that can give love so effortlessly. Plus, she's very warm when I cuddle up next to her at night. But there always seems to be some ideas swirling around in my head that separate me from my peers. I see them joking and cavorting and just know that they do not wrestle with the same internal strife that I do.

At 50 years of age, I'm tired of fighting this internal battle. I'm tired of feeling like the lone wolf in the middle of the city.

No comments: