Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rick Warren is Mad . . .

. . . mad as in insane. During this national debate about the debt ceiling, Pastor Rick Warren, who likes to fancy himself to be a kinder, gentler version of the usual conservative pastor (Wow! He works on poverty and AIDS issues!), decided to chime in with his Twitter account. He said: "HALF of America pays NO taxes. ZERO. So they're happy for tax rates to be raised on the other half that DOES."

Let me inform you first off that this tweet is a falsehood. All Americans pay sales tax and payroll taxes. To claim that half the country doesn't pay ANY taxes is just a downright lie, albeit a Christian lie. Joan Walsh of Salon commented on Warren's tweet, saying that it sounded more like Limbaugh than Jesus Christ. Warren stated that he would pray for Walsh. Why doesn't he pray for some more wealth for the needy. I'm one of the working poor. I just got anally rammed (metaphorically speaking) by Chase bank for dipping into the negative in my bank account. So, because I had a balance of -$5.39, Chase decided to punish me by charging me $34. If I was rich I would never have to pay any fees, or penalties. In fact, when you're rich, they give you free coffee!

Rick Warren is a phony, just like all the other preachers, who like to come across as if they have a private line to god (always lowercase, thank you.) Conservative/Christians like Warren, Pat Buchanan, and Mitch McConnell have no empathy for the working poor in this country. Most of these wealthy bible-thumpers were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, if not platinum. They've never had to work a day in their life, and I mean actual work, not writing speeches for wrongdoing presidents, or pontificating from the pulpit of ignorance.

No comments: