Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Birthdays and Getaways

I have yet to find the fine print in my contract that allows me to avoid my 50th birthday. There is only one way and that's to stop having birthdays altogether, and I'm not ready to pull the curtains yet. I just met the love of my life a mere two years ago, after two practice marriages. I also have an abundance of books in my library to be read, so I'm hoping that my vision will not fail me in the next thirty years, and I'll be able to make a dent in these stacks that surround me.

I guess morbidity is a natural side topic when it comes to having been around fifty years. If the sun would return in a serious way then life would seem more vibrant. "They" are predicting sunshine and warmth beginning Saturday, and my love and I are going away (a few miles) starting Sunday. There is a possibility that our room will be upgraded to a suite. A suite with an outdoor patio, high above the crazies below. It all sounds like the perfect ingredients for a few days of rest, reading, and relaxation.

No comments: