Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tired or Spent?

It's Wednesday. Hump Day. Mid-week. Here I am, writing some trivial banalities before I have to leave for work. Last night I finished reading the George Pelecanos crime novel that I had been immersed in for the last few days. Last night I committed to reading My American Unhappiness by Dean Bakopoulos. I really enjoyed his debut novel, Please Don't Come Back from the Moon. I thought it was a fine coming-of-age novel, of which there are certainly plenty out there. His second novel seems to deal with the more adult issues of finding the perfect mate, and beginning a family in order to obtain some semblance of happiness. I hope that the novel pleasantly surprises me, but for some reason I don't have high expectations. I just need to get a few chapters in, sop that I can have a better feel for the book.

No comments: