Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Reading Queue

Yesterday I started reading George Pelecanos' Shame the Devil. I need some page-turning excitement after reading three somewhat literary novels. As always, I have so many books that I want to get to (before I die!) I just found out that the author of the new memoir, The End of Boys will be doing a reading at our store at the end of June. I was already interested in the book, but now I have a reason to read it in a more timely manner. I'm also quite anxious to read Doc by Mary Doria Russell, an historical novel about, you guessed it, Doc Holliday. Lately I have had a few customers recommend a book called Fire Season: Field Notes From a Wilderness Lookout by Philip Connors. The topic immediately brings to mind Black Sun by Edward Abbey, which is his fictionalization of his season spent in a fire lookout. So many good books to read. If only I was paid to read rather than sell books.

No comments: