Monday, May 30, 2011

Counting Down

It's Monday and the only thing on my mind is the fact that I will have next Monday off. It's the first thing I thought about his morning, when I had to drag myself out of bed to go to work by 10 am . . . on Memorial Day! At least I'll be getting time and a half out of the deal. That will help next week when I take two days off without pay.

Next weekend I will also be turning 50-years-old. I could say that next week I will be celebrating my 50th birthday, but do people really celebrate a number as high as 50? I'd rather look forward to the fact that I will have a few days off, and will probably take in a few movies at the film festival, get a substantial amount of reading done, and set a new personal record for spooning with the love of my life.

Right now I am counting down the minutes until 6:30 pm, when I can leave my place of employment, eat some dinner, and settle down for the evening to read My American Unhappiness by Dean Bakopoulos, and possibly even finish it.

No comments: