Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sick Days

The sun is breaking through the clouds, which may also indicate that my illness is passing. I took a serious sick day yesterday, considering that I had retched immediately after breakfast on Sunday and was down for the count, only eating some chicken soup Monday evening. Whatever virus infected my bloodstream now seems to be lifting. I took today off as an added cushion against this bug hanging around longer than it rightly should.

The better part of feeling on the mend today was being able to finish the Scott Spencer novel I had been reading. There's nothing worse than feeling so sick that you cannot even read! I'm now planning on diving right into Zadie Smith's On Beauty. It's been a while since I have read a couple of meaty literary novels successively. I've been reading philosophy, and sprinkling in some page-turning thrillers. It will be nice to start making a dent into the fiction on the shelves that surround me.

No comments: