Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Real Me

Reality . . . What a concept. Sometimes the real me comes out. It's just unavoidable. No matter how I try and distract my mind with fiction, philosophy, or foolishness, I still end up being the ultimate misanthrope. I have a hatred for the mainstream stupidity that our society seem to breed in its citizens. Of course, people themselves have a responsibility to educate themselves; to avoid continually walking around in a daze. Most folks just want to get by, seeking out what pleasures they can, on the way to the grave. I actually get envious that simple people get joy from such inanities as football, American Idol, or just plain staying out on Friday nights and drinking until you fall down. Instead I fret and agonize over petty shit that cannot be changed by me. Not no way, not no how.

So, tonight I bitch, because I'm frustrated and still a day away from payday. The wolves are still howling at the door for their just due. I just hope that they don't decide to add interest to my already late bills. If they do I'll just regale them with the old adage: You can't get blood from a stone. Then they may try and prove me wrong. Who knows? Maybe you can get blood from a stone. Stranger things have happened.

No comments: