Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lurching Towards Mid-Week

Well, maybe not lurching so much as shuffling along. It's one of those slow work weeks. I can tell, because it's only Tuesday. It really should be Friday by now. Besides the fact that Friday is payday, and I have bill collectors patiently waiting (yeah, right!) for my payments.

I walked to work today, which is becoming a nice habit, but today the bitter wind was pushing me back towards home. I had to fight against the frigid breeze to make it to work, and then, once I was there, I wondered why. But without any sick days or vacation time, I'll most likely be at work five days a week for the foreseeable future.

I've been in quite the ranting mood, but without the angry energy to jot all those fuming thoughts down. Mostly I just have more complaints about Idiot America. I swear that they are now publishing books for non-readers. Today we actually received a copy of book about the "barefoot bandit." You remember the goober, who had a blast stealing boats and such from vacationers in the Caribbean. He became a minor celebrity here in the U.S.. Now there is actually a book about his misadventures. You can be sure that there are plenty of pictures.

I'm veering away from mainstream media by no longer watching television (although I'm already missing baseball, and the season has not started yet), and I am no using Gmail, rather than that godawful Comcast. When I used to check my email on Comcast.com I was besieged by their idea of news headlines. They usually amounted to celebrity gossip. What passes for news in this country makes me nauseous, and if I want to find out what's going on in the world I'll check in with the BBC, or some other outlet that doesn't have cleavage and celebrity's babies on their minds. Oh, that reminds me: Gwyneth Paltrow has a new cookbook out. She now joins other celebs like Alicia Silverstone, who impart their culinary wisdom upon us burger eaters out here.

I wish that there was a reason for me to go out on the deck and look at the moon tonight, but I have a feeling that it's hiding it's yellow face anyway. Maybe by the weekend I can commune with nature by doing a little stargazing.

No comments: