Thursday, March 31, 2011

Being Old . . .

I think that being old(er) should bring with it certain privileges. That is besides getting the senior rate at the cinema. I will be turning 50 this June, and I have decided that I'm going to take considerably less shit from other human beings that I have typically in the past. Take customers for instance: I work in a bookstore, and I deal with idiots on a daily basis. (You would think that the act of reading would make some of these folks a little less of an idiot, but you would be wrong.) Some people want to know where our nonfiction section is. Some people want to know how we organize our fiction. (By spine color don't you know.)

Just a few minutes ago I dealt with an idiot on the phone. He was inquiring about a book that he was told would be in today. In the meantime, I informed him that he already had a set of Elmo books on the hold shelf that he had ordered. He actually got gruff with me. He didn't know anything about any Elmo books. Well, maybe he should pull his head out of his posterior and pay a little bit more attention to the damage he's doing, going around ordering books for his brats and then forgetting all about them.

It is starting to appear that the only time I have to write blog posts is while I am at work. Not a good sign really. I should be much busier at work than I am. And I should be able to carve out an hour or two here and there at home to do things like writing my blog.

No comments: