Friday, February 25, 2011

Ten Till Nine

Yes, it's ten minutes until nine o'clock, which in the bookstore means that it's about time to close one of the register and begin the big countdown till closing. I was originally supposed to work the 9 to 5:30 shift today, but certain people in charge forgot that they gave one of the night staff the evening off. That translates to an early morning call to me to see if I would work that evening shift. At eight o'clock this morning, sleeping in seemed like the best idea in the world. In fact, I lounged around in bed until past 12:30 pm. Now I'm ready for some downtime at home after work, which will mean reading with my compatriot; the love of my life.

The family that reads together gets smart together, which is not a bad thing. I just started The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman, and I'm excited to get back to it. The novel is actually comprised a series of interconnected short stories. The obvious commonality is that all the characters work for the same international English-language newspaper. It's a nice change of pace from some of the recent stuff I've been reading (i.e. mysteries/thrillers.)

No comments: