Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Recovery Mode

Ah, I would sure love to have this week off. There are many folks with the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. They get to frolic with their children and return gifts that they disdain. Meanwhile, folks like me stand behind the counter and laugh along with your jokes, as if we have the week off too. I did take yesterday afternoon off. I just didn't go back after lunch (with the boss's permission, of course.)

I have about 35 pages left to read in The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey by Walter Mosley. It's a great character novel, centered around the ninety-one year old Ptolemy Grey, who is trying to piece together his important memories before he dies. He wants a clear head, so that he can leave something of worth to his remaining family members.

I talked to my son this morning, who will probably not pull into Seattle until at least midnight tonight. The severe winter weather conditions on the east coast are still wreaking havoc on the travel plans of many people, including my four-year-old. I've missed Justin's smiling face over the last week, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with him this weekend.

Now here is a video for you all. I wish I could play some Monster Magnet at work today, but it would probably end up sending the customers running from the store with their ears bleeding.

No comments: