Monday, November 29, 2010

Why Oh Why?

Why have I been so remiss when it comes to blogging? My goal was to at least surpass the number of posts last year by a few, a mere few, but if I don't get on the ball I may actually fall short of my goal. I should have been posting pictures of our beautiful snowfall last week, but I need to actually purchase a new photo card for my camera. Even though I don't buy into the whole Merry Consumerist season, I still have the feeling of being busy, because I work in retail. Customer service is the most thankless job there is when it comes to the holiday season.

Other than being lazy when it comes to blogging, I have been slowly making my way through Philip Roth's Portnoy's Complaint. It's an extremely well written book, but ultimately it's still a 274 page rant to Alex Portnoy's psycho-analyst. Brilliant writing or not, I can only read someones rant for so long. Portnoy's complaints about his Jewish parents starts to get repetitive after a while. I think I may have to burn through a mystery/thriller after finishing this novel.

I am still in love, even though the forces of society sometimes make me wonder about the sanity of the rest of the globe. I feel quite happy that I have managed to find someone who is at least as sane as I am (which may not be saying much.) If only we could be snowed in for the rest of the winter, to read and revel in our couple-ship. Let the rest of the world bustle about in some false sense of importance. We know that they are just running in circles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

merci amigo! grand poteau!