Sunday, November 14, 2010

Monday Sweet Monday

Monday has the psychological power that it does, because the majority of us start our work week on Monday. Luckily for me, one of my co-workers traded shifts with me today, so I do not have to punch in until 2 pm. That gives me time for lunch, and reading before putting on my customer service face.

I nearly finished Jar City, an Icelandic mystery over the weekend. I'll most likely finish it before turning in tonight. It's a decent thriller, with a fast moving plot, but I miss the lack of characterization that one tends to get in more literate novels. It doesn't help that I just finished reading an excellent novel that also doubled as a fast-paced thriller.

Now I must step into my own Monday, which happens to be overcast at the moment.

No comments: