Monday, October 4, 2010

Sun Break

Fall is being staved off momentarily, while the sun blankets the city with its warmth today. I'm up early enough to get out and have some lunch and some substantial reading time. I'm just over halfway through Will Bunch's Backlash, and I can safely say that I'm tired of reading about the ignorant masses that are gaining power in our young country. I'm ready for another zombie novel at this point. At least the zombies have better personalities than the tea-baggers.

I was thrilled to meet a celebrity last night in the bookstore. At least he's a celebrity in my eyes: Markos Moulitsas, founder of the Daily Kos, and author of the new leftist polemic (and I mean that in a good way) American Taliban. I told him last night that Will Bunch was a little too kind with the tea-baggers, and Markos replied that he takes "no quarter" in his book. In fact, he's been accused by the left of being too mean. Yeah, we just let their fools shout "Liar!" in a crowded congress, while we sit back on our good manners. Bullshit!

Time to take in a little sunshine before work.

No comments: