Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Don't Let the Sun Catch You . . .

. . . Going to work. Ah yes, the sun has decided to grace us with its presence today. Meanwhile, I'm about to go into work until 10 p.m. tonight. The good news is that I have the next two days off. The plan was to fly to Madison for the next FFRF convention, but in the last two weeks stress and overwork, sprinkled with a few unnecessary elements thrown in by my ex-wife, and we have all the ingredients for a required extended weekend of R & R.

I have about 30 pages left to read in The Orange Eats Creeps, so I'll finish that today, and not a moment too soon. I don't want to be reading about Teenage Hobo Vampire Junkies over my break. I think I'm going to tackle The Big Questions next by Steve Landsburg, an economist attempting to clarify some of "the big questions" by using the latest research in physics, mathematics, and economics.

Other than reading, relaxing, and other more personal pastimes, I will be moving the rest of my belongings (read: books, CDs, and other ephemera) over to my current abode by midnight on Sunday. Otherwise all of my belongings will likely be turned into pumpkins . . . or end up at Goodwill.

Well, it's time to venture out into the sunshine, scrounge up some lunch, and then head into the old grind known as Ravenna Third Place Books. Adios.

No comments: