Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Missing You...

No, I'm not on vacation again. I just seem to be at a severe lack of free time lately. Nothing has really changed, but it just feels like I have less free time. Evidently, my blog posts have slipped down the rungs on my ladder of priorities. If I had a laptop, and free Wi-Fi where ever I roamed, then I would probably post more often. I was in the mood to write just before work today, while I was sitting in the shade behind a local church. The time before work is usually reserved for reading though.

Speaking of reading, I finished reading my first (and the first) Inspector Van der Valk mystery this evening. It showed promise, and I'll probably read a few more in the series at some point, but I have a feeling that my admiration for the character is reserved for the old BBC series. I've already picked the next book that I'll read: Citrus County by John Brandon. I loved Brandon's debut novel, Arkansas, and I even have a signed copy. Citrus County was just released, and I'm hoping that I can write up a complementary staff pick card for it, to help boost its sales in our store.

Now it's time to get to bed, before the robins start to sing, and all the drunks are asleep.

No comments: