Friday, June 25, 2010

Fade to Gray

The sun has disappeared. If it stays away through the weekend it could mean well for the bookstore's big used book sale. If the weather is nice then the customers may just find something better to do. I'm planning on going in tomorrow for about four hours in the middle of the day to help out during the sale. If the store is not bustling with book buyers then I may just slip out early.

I'm still feeling like I need a couple of days break, even though I returned from my vacation recently. I'm just craving a couple of days filled with quiet and time to read. I have about 50 pages left to read in Nicholas Carr's The Shallows. I'm about ready to dive into another novel, so I'm ready to finish The Shallows this weekend.

Winter's Bone opens today, but I don't think I'll find the time to see it this weekend. It's a must-see though, and I'm not going to let this one find its way onto DVD before I see it in the theatre.

No comments: