Thursday, May 13, 2010

Whereabouts Unknown

Where have I been for the past week and a half? Actually, I did post recently, but it was so full of whining that I deleted it the next day. I'll whine in private, thank you very much. Needless to say, I've been a bit at a loss for words recently. The days are getting sunnier, and it's getting more difficult to get my ass into work each day.

I'm nearly done reading Idiot America, which is a bit of a disappointment. I expected a funny, yet scathing critique of the idiots known as conservatives/Republicans/right-wingers, etc., but instead the book reads more like a hybrid between a textbook and an NPR commentator, who goes on for too long. There are some interesting pieces of information in the book, but overall I feel that it's rather forgettable.

Maybe I'll have the time to finish reading Idiot America tonight, so that I can quickly dive into some fiction. I am flying back to the east coast with my son and Significant Other in just three weeks. I'll be needing some literary escapism for probably at least the next month and a half.

No comments: