Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Early Riser

I actually got out of bed at 10:30 this morning! That's at least an hour or so earlier than usual. I had a minor errand to run, which gave me the impetus to get up. I shipped a box of books back to Massachusetts, rather than fill a suitcase with the heavy articles. I'm fully expecting the airline to charge me all kinds of extras. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that some bright-minded individual came up with the idea of charging flight passengers to use the restroom. Let's hope that fool has been sacked. I usually don't carry a lot of change on trans-continental flights.

True Grit seems to have been the right choice for my next read. It's moving along quickly, and it's wonderfully written. I have previously read three of Charles Portis's novels. True Grit and Masters of Atlantis are the last two books of his that I need to read. So far, Dog of the South is still my favorite.

There is a reading tonight at the bookstore. Some book encouraging women to date their "non-types." It should be quite exciting and informative. I'm glad that I'll most likely be out to lunch. Thinking back to last week, I wish I had my picture taken with Melissa Sue Anderson when she was at our store promoting her book. It would have been fun just for kicks to post it here on my blog. She was very pleasant, for a ex-child celebrity. A certain local gardening author still takes the title for most annoying prima donna at a book signing.

Since I have just over an hour until I have to leave for work, I think I'll get a little more of True Grit read.

No comments: