Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Moods

I have about twenty minutes before I have to leave for work. Like most other working Americans, I don't feel like my two day break was long enough, but I have bills to pay, and a roof to maintain over my head, so it's off to work I go. At least there are no author events tonight. I'm a little tired of "hand holding" for these local authors.

The next two discs of "Breaking Bad" will be here tomorrow, so I can continue feeding my addiction to this exceptional show. It's certainly one of the most original ideas I've seen on television in a long time. Last night my S.O. and I watched Mike Leigh's "Secrets and Lies," which I easily count as one of my all-time favorite movies. Leigh is the master of revealing the drama in everyday working class lives. His movies are a little short on laughs, but they make up for it with compassion and soul.

Actually, I feel like I'm a little short on laughs today. I cannot guess why, except that I could use a little more downtime. A little more time to lounge on my deck reading short stories. A little more time to search the horizon for a break in the clouds. Instead I'll put my needs on pause in order to serve the public.

No comments: