Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Day Full of the Blahs

Oh, what I wouldn't give to stay home today, and lay on the couch reading through the afternoon. This week is not a good week for it though, with at least two people out on vacation days at work. It's not raining...yet, but the wind is still blowing through the trees without a thought for the fact that it is Spring.

I need to leave for work in about ten minutes, but first I wanted to post a whine online. I feel impelled to post even when life is dull and trivial. The only activities ahead of me today is receiving books, shelving books, and buying used books from various customers, who have nothing better to do today. Me? I have better things to do today. Unfortunately, I must earn a paycheck to continue to enjoy this lavish lifestyle.

Oh, I saw a news blurb stating that John McCain was supporting his old campaign booster, Carly Fiorina, in her bid for a senate seat in California. He's also been whoring with Sarah Palin in his home state, hoping to drum up enough votes from the crazies that can't see through his hypocritical behavior. And while we're on the subject of the American zero John McCain: He also stated in an interview with Newsweek over the weekend that he never considered himself a "Maverick." Insane old crank with two much money and a trophy wife? I think so.


A heroic hypocrite, or a hypocritical hero? I seem to remember that a hero ain't nothing but a sandwich.

No comments: