Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tick, Tick, Tick...

The clock is ticking. I have ten minutes until I get to close the doors to the bookstore for the evening. This is the one evening out of the week when I close by myself. It's not a big deal really. Most customers are gone during that last hour, except for the few that wander up from the pub.

I've already made my book purchases for the evening. I have some extra cash this week, because I got my deposits back from the apartment I had been renting for the last year. Extra cash means extra books. Tonight I purchased Action Philosophers!, The Complete Crumb Comics, Vol. 6, and Don't Sleep, There are Snakes, plus three more.

Well, three minutes until closing. There is still one gent checking out our inventory of graphic novels. And I think there are a few stragglers in Vios, but they are not my problem.

No comments: