Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Bitter with the Sweet

The sun is breaking through the clouds here in Seattle today. I'm feeling slightly better today. I'm still blowing foreign objects out of my nose, but I might be able to work that into a neat party trick. I checked in with The Political Carnival when I awoke, like I usually do. This morning I watched a video clip of Jon Stewart interviewing Marc Thiessen, a former speech writer for George W. Bush. I watched the entire clip until Thiessen was whining at the end that he didn't have enough time to make his point. His point is something that we're all sick of: It's okay to label certain peoples as "enemy combatant," and once that labeling is done one never has to charge these former people, or give them any of the rights accorded everyday people. It seems that just the mere label "enemy combatant" is enough to strip them of their human rights. Needless to say, I was ready to regurgitate my breakfast after watching this slimy Thiessen give props to Liz Cheney for being such a fear-mongering harpy.

Other having my senses assaulted by some criminal left over from the Bush administration, I am feeling fairly well today. I'll need to leave for work in a half hour or so. There is yet another author event at the bookstore tonight. This seems to be a busy month for us, as far as events go. Last night's event was a big success, so we'll see how tonight's event goes. I have a feeling that I may be doing the introduction, but that's okay. Tonight I work with a professional musician that doesn't seem to be effected by stage fright, unless she is introducing a small time author to a group of a half dozen Ravenna Third Place patrons.

****

On another note. I have been trying to get back into the habit of blogging regularly after my recent move. I have a feeling that the more organized my office becomes, the better my blog posts will be. I can now actually move about a little in my office. All of the boxes of books have been unloaded, which means that I can start bringing books over from storage in the not-too-distant future. I still have boxes of DVDs that do not have a home at the moment. They have been stuffed into my closet, along with other items that should be kept in a closet. Tonight my son is staying the night at the house, and I'll need to drive him to gymnastics class in the morning. That means that I probably should not stay up past two in the morning puttering around in my room, but it will all depend on my mood.

No comments: