Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sunshine and the Apocalypse

It appears that Spring has sprung in Seattle, although we're a month or so early. The sun is beaming outside, and I need to depart in ten minutes or so for my evening shift at the bookstore.

Between last night and today I finally decided to start reading On the Beach by Neville Shute. I have been scouring used bookstores for years searching for this title, and I finally found a nice hardcover edition in a used book buy last week. Since I've been wanting to read this tale of citizens in the aftermath of a nuclear war for years, I figured why not now? Besides, a new edition has been re-released this month, and I may just end up choosing it as my new staff pick.

I know that there are a few Krispy Kreme donuts left out in the kitchen. I can hear them calling my name, but I'm ignoring them until I am safely at work. I also think I may have burned myself out on the blond brownie tradition, so I may last through the afternoon without snacking unnecessarily.

If you are in the Seattle area, then please get outside today and enjoy the sunshine in my stead.

No comments: