Monday, January 25, 2010

At a Loss...

It's not so much that I'm at a loss for words. It's more a lack of time really. Isn't that always the story? My son stays here on Monday night, and his habit of late has been getting up at 5:30 am, and requesting a game of Zingo, or the "fighting game"between Cars characters. You'd be surprised how easy it is to play the "fighting game" while half-asleep. He loves the Zingo game. It's like bingo, but it matches things like a house, or a tree instead of letters and numbers.

My son had his 4th birthday party on Sunday afternoon. There was a gaggle of toddlers milling about, choosing different activities to occupy their time. I stayed for an hour, and during that time I did not witness any meltdowns, or fights. Justin was quite tired, and a little overwhelmed by all the guests, but he held up well. He even got his second wind after all the guests left, and was able to try out many of his new gadgets.

Justin's life is already filled with gadgets, and he's constantly asking to use the computer. I have to be on the lookout, because he changes things in an instant. I realized the other day that some of my icons were missing. It was let icons be bygones. He drags and drops things where they shouldn't be. And this is on my new computer no less. Things will be a little different starting next week when I move into a house with an office. There will have to be a secret knock or password for admittance into my office.

No comments: