Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shop for Baby Jesus!

This is the week. Show your Christmas spirit by depleting your checking accounts, and resorting to plastic. Speaking as a lowly employee of an independent bookstore: we need sales! Actually, our bookstore is doing pretty good. Tonight we made over our goal, and -- as has been pointed out to me a couple of times -- these projections were made before the shit hit the fan, economically speaking that is. And it makes me happy to sell thousands of dollars worth of books in a day. Everything from I am a Bunny by Ole Risom, to The Lacuna, the latest novel by Barbara Kingsolver. My boss was just relating to me that he had heard a customer exclaiming how much he loved our store. It's something we hear quite a bit. We're a neighborhood bookstore, and our neighbors disdain big corporate stores. Lucky for us.

No comments: