Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Hump Day

Yes, it's Wednesday. Sometimes Monday-thru-Friday workers like to label this day "hump day," as in "getting over the hump." Of course, there is some sexual innuendo at play here. Isn't there always though? One hump I leaped over this morning was balancing my checkbook. I've been spending money without an eye on my balance, and today I finally remedied that situation. As far as the sexual innuendo goes: Shouldn't every day be "hump day?" I mean, breaking up the middle of the week with a some intimate interaction is a fine idea, but let's not forget Mondays, or Thursdays (also known as pre-Friday.) Every day deserves it's place among the possible opportunities for lovemaking. Not just "hump day."

And on that note, it's time to get to work. There has been an author event for the past two nights, and tonight is the monthly book group meeting. I'm also sad to report that yesterday we sold two copies of Going Rogue by that crazy Alaskan quitter. One was sold to a reporter, who woefully reported that he had to buy it for work. Another was sold to a woman, who didn't bother to explain her purchase. My boss told me that he held out until the last possible minute to order the books, but after all the publicity over the weekend, he realized that he had to have a few copies on hand. Oh well. True book lovers will not be clamoring for the spite-filled memoir of the ex-governor. Instead, they will continue to buy Olive Kitteridge, and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

No comments: