Sunday, November 1, 2009

Daylight Savings What?

There is only one benefit to Daylight Savings Time, and that's in the fall, when we get to set the clock back one hour and get the psychological benefit of sleeping an extra hour on Sunday morning. The shame is that a three-year-old doesn't really understand that benefit. I had forgotten about the whole setting-the-clocks-back thing this morning, and immediately thought, "Oh, seven-thirty...that's not too bad." It wasn't until I turned on my computer to see that I was up earlier than desired. Justin has been enjoying some Pee Wee's Playhouse, while I've gotten him breakfast and showered.

It looks like we might be blessed with a little sunshine this morning, so that it might be possible to take Justin to the playground for a bit, before returning him to his homestead. Needless to say, I'm quite looking forward to be relieved of parenting duties today. I have a feeling that there may be an afternoon nap scheduled for my future today. Justin may have outgrown his need for naps, but my need only grows stronger as I lurch toward the golden years.

No comments: