Friday, October 16, 2009

Rainy Day Feelings

It's Friday, which seems to have some significance for some people. Tonight is my last shift at the bookstore until Monday evening. I'm ready for a break. The computers, and credit card connections at work have been protesting the recent wind and rain. Their protest has taken the form of a work-strike. The rain has only intensified today, and I glanced at the forecast with the idea of taking Justin somewhere tomorrow, only to see the next five days decorated with rain clouds. I may venture out with him to see the film "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." Only fitting during a rainy weekend.

Other than keeping my son busy, and entertained, I will attempt to get a little farther along in my reading of The Intuitionist. I was able to read another 20 page chunk last night before retiring for the night. For whatever reason, I'm a little anxious to get through this particular novel. I'm enjoying it, but I feel that there are quite a few other titles I'd rather be reading at the moment.

I've had my most recent rental from Netflix for a couple of weeks now. It would be good to get that watched this weekend. It's a film called "Carla's Song," directed by Ken Loach, and I've been wanting to see it for some time now. One hesitation I have with the DVD is that it's lacking subtitles, and the Scottish brogue is quite thick. I know that I'll miss quite a bit of the dialogue, but I will hopefully get the gist of it anyway.

Well, it's time to microwave some lunch before heading east to the bookstore for the afternoon.

No comments: