Monday, October 5, 2009

Hello October

Fall is here in the Great Northwest. That usually translates to leaves turning bright colors, and then being dashed to the ground by a wind storm. It's such a short-lived season compared to the fall in New England. The days are already getting noticeably shorter, and soon the rains will sweep in, and summer will seem like a lifetime ago.

This being Monday, I am about to leave for my shift at the bookstore. My co-worker, who has only been at the bookstore for about three weeks, will depart our employ in just under two weeks. He was lucky enough to have a dream job created for him. This means that there will be a new hire starting soon. Someone I will have to guide and train. As long as the person has book knowledge the rest of the job usually comes pretty easily. If you're a right-winger, who only reads paeans to Ronald Reagan, or worships the drool cup of Glenn Beck, then you will probably not fit in at our store.

I wish that I had more time to write today, but free time is at a minimum these days. Maybe for Christmas I'll get a stocking full of time.

No comments: