Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Already?

It's Friday, which means that I will being going to the house after work to care for Justin until sometime Sunday. I haven't hung out with my son since Monday, so I'm ready for some father/son bonding time. Last weekend I had him here at my apartment for a while on Saturday. I was making the meager attempt to get him to take a nap, and I was laying next to him on the bed. Needless to say, I was very sleepy and could easily have fallen asleep. But Justin was quite energetic and he decided to pull a book of my nearby shelf to read me a story. He chose The Portable Nietzsche and began, "Once upon a time there was a boy named Justin....and he was an existentialist." Actually, I added that last line, but just the fact that he pulled Nietzsche off the shelf and began his tale made me laugh. My little philosopher.

Last night we sold a copy of Dan Brown's latest piece of commercial crap. At least the customer seemed to know what they were buying, because they declared it the ultimate airport book. Ah well, there goes our streak of having not sold one copy of the latest book that the media says we must all buy like faithful sheep.

I'm going to leave a little early for work, so that I may drop off a bundle of CDs at the library and pick up a few more, including the Definitive Rod Stewart and Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Harold Arlen songbook. You will all be happy to know that Godsmack is on its way, to offset the mellow mood music.

No comments: