Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ouch!

I feel like I am being punished for some unnamed sin. My wife was in Ohio last weekend (Friday through Monday) for training on some veterinary equipment, and naturally I was called upon to care for Justin in her absence. Then she comes back and works two extra days this week, and I am called upon once again to care for my son. I would do anything for my son, but I am quite tired of my schedule being directly tied into my (soon to be ex-) wife's schedule. My life had always been ruled by her over-activity, and because we have a child together, my life will continue to be tied to her schedule until Justin is out of the house. No rest for the wicked? I could go on and on, but I have to leave for work. Thankfully, I have tonight free, but I have to arise early to attend a mandatory parent seminar at the Seattle court. This is required for any couple going through the divorce procedure. I don't necessarily have a problem with that requirement. I just wish that some higher power (are you listening Big Al?) could grant me a weekend off. Ah well. We are in charge of our own lives, and have to live with the choices we make.

No comments: