Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Life Gets Better

Being a music aficionado, I often think of song lyrics to fit whatever mood I may happen to be in. Lately this tune by the legendary Graham Parker has had some significance for me. Life does truly get better when one has someone to share the ups and downs with.



In a few hours I'll be going to spend the night with my son. I'm still determined to have him stay at my apartment soon. I even asked him what he thought of the idea the other day, and he was positive about it. He's definitely starting to wonder about the whole "daddy sometimes stays somewhere else" thing. My biggest priority is always keeping Justin happy and healthy.

Last night I spent the evening with friends. I helped with a minor picture framing project, and was rewarded with a nice grilled chicken dinner. When I got back home at about 10:30 pm I relaxed by watching a few lectures from a Philosophy of Mind course, taught by Prof. Patrick Grim. I guess I needed to hear about occasionalism, materialism, functionalism and many other isms before being able to fall asleep.

No comments: