Sunday, May 17, 2009

Idyllic Seattle Weather

I am thoroughly enjoying my weekend filled with pure Pacific northwest sunshine. I have been house/dog sitting since last Wednesday when my wife and son left for Georgia. Since I am without parenting responsibilities for 5 days it feels like I'm on a mini-vacation. I saw two films back-to-back on Thursday, "Goodbye Solo" and "Sugar." On Friday I caught a matinee of the nation's top grossing film, "Star Trek." This is one mainstream blockbuster that I fully endorse. The film is a rousing space adventure that reinvigorates the series. It maintains the core of the original characters, but they are just starting their federation careers. It's also one of the most exciting and fun films I've seen since the original "Raiders of the Lost Ark." I'm aim to see it again soon.

I left the house early this morning and took our dog Molly for a nice long walk through the neighborhood...about two and a half miles. It was good to get the walk in before the heat of the day. I got a couple of chapters read in Lucky Jim, which I'm really enjoying, and now I'm watching the Mariners play the Red Sox. The game is currently tied 2 to 2 in the fifth inning. Color me content!

No comments: