Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Facebook, Melancholia, et al.

I've been spending too much time on Facebook today. It wasn't all a waste though, because I had been wanting to post some pictures, and I finally got that done. Other than that I'm getting some laundry done before heading to the house to care for Justin tonight. Yesterday evening I spent a few hours looking over want ads online. I even posted my resume on Amazon, hoping that they might have some suitable position open in the near future. Other than trying to find a decent job in this economy, life is going along fine. My social calendar gets filled up quickly, and it's nice to know that I have friends out here in the Pacific Northwest that are there for me in the tough times.

I've been listening to a lot of melancholy music lately, but I have found it soothing rather than debilitating. Sometimes it's nice to have a soundtrack that mirrors events in life. Artists I have found helpful recently are Ben Folds, Tracy Bonham, Aimee Mann and Lucinda Williams. It could be worse: I could be listening to weepy country music and drinking six-packs of Miller. I have confidence that my situation will never develop into that. There is too much sunshine and friendship awaiting me outside this door.

No comments: