Tuesday, March 3, 2009

'Round Midnight

I found this "meme" while visiting a blog last week. It's not really a meme, but more like a digital chain letter.

Shuffle Song Quiz

RULES:
a) Put your MP3 player, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle
b) For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
c) YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
d) Tag at least 5 people
e) Everyone tagged has to do the same thing (no they don't, actually)
f) Have Fun! (Step f is not required)

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS 'ARE YOU OKAY' YOU SAY? “Buena Suerte, Señorita” by Flaco Jiménez - “Good luck lady” - That’s exactly what I say!

2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF? “A Higher Place” by Tom Petty - Well, it does have the word “higher” in the title.

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? “Take a Pebble” by Emerson, Lake & Palmer

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? “Minus” by Beck - They got me on that one.

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE? “The Artist in America” by Ornette Coleman - A symphonic cacophony, but the title is reasonable

6. WHAT'S YOUR MOTTO? “A Passage to Bangkok” by Rush - “We only stop for the best” Oh yeah!

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? “The Best Place I’ve Ever Been” by World Party - Need I say more?

8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? “Hot ‘Lanta” by The Allman Brothers Band

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Piano sonata no.14, Moonlight Allegretto by Beethoven performed by Mikhail Pletnev

10. WHAT IS 2 + 2? “My Maria” by B. W. Stevenson

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? “Greens Fees” by Dan Tyminski

12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? “Morning Has Broken” by Cat Stevens - Yes, I have the music of Yusuf Islam on my hard drive.

13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? “Mockingbird” by Allison Moorer

14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? “(Interlude”) by David Byrne - A soothing 22 second instrumental.

15. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? “Begin the Begin” by R.E.M. - My actual wedding was a low key affair performed by a Justice-of-the-Peace in the office of my wife’s former cat clinic. I’d rather not remember the reception from my first marriage.

16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? “Side To Side Ft Lateef & Pigeon John” by Blackalicious - If only they would. This tune would raise some eyebrows.

17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? “Self Love” by Jaguar Wright - As Woody Allen said in Annie Hall, “Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love.”

18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR? “Cat's In The Cupboard” by Pete Townsend - Well, it does sound pretty frightening, does it not?

19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? “Meaning of Life” by Monty Python - Ah yes, the "meaning of life." I think I'll be taking that secret to the grave.

20. WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW? “Heart Of The Sunrise” by Yes - A worthy desire.

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? “My Darling” by Wilco - "We were a family, my darlin. Right from the start"

22. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS? “'Round Midnight” performed by Art Pepper

No comments: