Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Movie Madness

The title of this blog entry merely refers to the fact that I just spent some time compiling a list of all the Criterion releases in my DVD collection (871 movies at last count.) The list is at the bottom right of this blog. The Criterion discs in my collection grew substantially at Christmas when my wife gave me nine of them as gifts, all packaged in one glorious box. I got a few that I have been craving for a while, including Fishing with John, Carnival of Souls, and That Obscure Object of Desire. She also threw in a few surprises including Catherine Breillat's Fat Girl, and The Browning Version, starring Michael Redgrave.

I still haven't gotten out to an actual movie theater in about three months, but I have seen a few good films from Netflix recently including Stuart Gordon's Stuck, and Canvas, starring Joe Pantoliano.

* * * *

On another note: I realize that I've been quite lax with updating my blog since the election ended. I've been both busy and lazy. I know, I know...that's a contradiction in terms, but it seems to fit my lifestyle at the moment. I'm promising myself (and this is in no way a New Year's resolution) to be better about blogging from now on.

Incidentally, I'm on the lookout for a full-time job in the Seattle area; preferably something that pays between 20K and 50K a year, and is both challenging and utilizes my sense of creativity. Not too much to ask, while the country is leaning towards a Great Depression, right?

No comments: