Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Forgive Me Father . . .

Forgive me father for I have sinned: It has been over a week since my last blog entry. Since that time the national holiday known as Thanksgiving has come and gone. I’m now starting to spot Christmas trees alight through neighborhood windows. Last night we attended the parent/teacher meeting of our childcare co-op and there was a “white elephant” gift exchange, along with a table laid out with holiday goodies to eat. Jen and I are both pretty much done with our Christmas shopping. I just have to buy stocking stuffers for my wife, which, for some reason, I always find a difficult task. Luckily she has provided me a list with suggestions.

I had a nice break in Edmonds last week. I visited three book stores in three days, but only one of those is actually in the city of Edmonds. I also bought some gifts for Justin at Teri’s Toy Box, which is a great independently owned store that puts a lot of thought into their inventory. I also dined out quite a bit while I was away. In fact by the last night I was tired of restaurant food, so I opted for a Payday bar for supper from the machine in the hotel. The weather was pretty nice for the most part, and allowed for some nice walks along the docks. I always find it romantic to watch the ferries passing each other in the night.

Today I finished reading Girl Factory by Jim Krusoe. I devoured this strange tale in two days. If the strange and unpredictable interests you as a reader then Jim Krusoe is the author for you. He had only written two novels and I’ve now read them both. For most of the afternoon I have been trying to pick a novel to read. I promised myself that I would read fiction through the holidays, since I have been reading a lot of cerebral stuff lately. I just hope this isn’t one of those occasions when it takes me days to decide on another book. That’s the problem with having over two thousand titles in my library: too many good books to choose from.

No comments: